Whipped Cream Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/4-in. round biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 5 biscuits.
Reviews for Whipped Cream Biscuits(4)
Sort By :
Couldn't be easier!!! I made the exact recipe and needed to add a little water to make the dough come together or it would have been a little bit dry, but absolutely awesome and foolproof recipe! I made a cheddar potato/smoked sausage soup and these were the BEST addition to our soup. The kids just loved dipping these!!!
You might need an extra splash of cream to make all of the flour come together. Make sure you don't roll the dough too thick, or you'll end up with some REALLY big biscuits. This recipe is quick and easy; I will be using it again!
Had some left over heavy cream and was on this site looking for a way to use it. Found this recipe, tried it and loved the results. This is my new favourite recipe for biscuits!
I must tell you, that I was "in a hurry", and I don't keep "self-rising" flour on hand. We were having "pork chops and fried apples" for supper, and I wanted homemade biscuits...like I said, I was in a hurry....these turned out great! An easy way to fix biscuits and just the right amount. Will definitely make again & again.