This zesty pasta dish is ideal for busy weeknights. It's low on ingredients, easy to prep and tastes so comforting when the weather cools down. A salad on the side makes it a meal. —Stacey Brown, Spring, TX
Recommended: 22 Ground Beef Skillet Recipes
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes with basil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving juices.
- Add tomatoes and reserved juices to sausage; stir in pasta, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Pasta Skillet in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Weeknight Pasta Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review