- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain thoroughly and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Cut potatoes into chunks; place in a bowl. Add the mustard mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Warm Mustard Potato Salad
Sort By :
This was disappointing - found the mustard flavor very overpowering and there was WAAAAAY too much dressing.
Very good and easy, since you do not have to peel potatoes. My husband doesn't care for mayo so I used only 1/3 cup of mayo and
substituted 1/3 c of sour cream and 1/3 c of plain yogart. I made it early in the morning and he said it was good enough to have for breakfast!
This is our favorite potato salad recipe! The mustard, garlic, and dill make it burst with flavor. It also tastes good cold the next day (if there is any left!)
I've been making this potato salad for years ever since it was first published in Taste of Home magazine. I add chopped hard boiled egg just because I love that flavor in a potato salad. I've served this hot and I've served it cold. It is my go-to potato salad recipe and everyone raves about it. Great recipe!
This is an old standby for me. I lost my recipe card so had to come print it off. The chilled leftovers are yummy also. I don't keep fresh dill around so just use dried dill weed. Needed something quick to whip up with grilled steak tonight. This has been in my recipe box for years.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Red Potato Salad Recipes >