This crowd-pleasing dip is always a success, whether I follow the recipe as is or if I substitute shredded pork and stir in chopped fresh mushrooms.—Shannon Arthur, Lucasville, Ohio
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add the chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the soup, tomatoes and jalapeno. Stir in the chicken, 1 cup cheese blend and green pepper mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with green onion and remaining cheese blend.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Warm Chicken Fiesta Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Warm Chicken Fiesta Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review