Cheesy Chicken Taco Dip
We're huge college football fans (go Irish!), and my chicken taco dip hasn't missed a season opener in many years. A slow cooker keeps the dip warm for the whole game—if it lasts that long! —Deanna Garretson, Yucaipa, California
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (30 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix salsa and beans. Top with chicken; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken; shred finely using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. To serve, top with green onions, tomato and cilantro. Serve with chips.
1/4 cup dip: 82 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 20, 2019Easy to make and a crowd favorite.
Jul 13, 2019One of our all time favorites! Perfect for any social gathering...not that it happens often, but we've even taken the leftovers put in a flour tortilla, added shredded lettuce, diced tomato, extra cheese
Jul 13, 2019Great recipe but I start with already cooked chicken - otherwise it takes hours to cook ??
Jul 16, 2017
Delicious! Will be a great addition to our party tables this year.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC