Warm Chicken Fiesta Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add the chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the soup, tomatoes and jalapeno. Stir in the chicken, 1 cup cheese blend and green pepper mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with green onion and remaining cheese blend.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 103 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2016
I made this for our annual new years eve bash, everyone loved it!! Perfect as is!!
Aug 10, 2015
I used green chili peppers I think it meant green bell peppers, but my family doesn't care for them. It turned out pretty good.
Feb 17, 2015
Fantastic game day recipe to feed a crowd! It had a great mild heat which appealed to both the people who didn't like spice and those who don't mind heat.
Jul 18, 2014
WHAT KIND OF GREEN PEPPERS??
Jan 1, 2014
This was so good! Will definitely make it again.
Oct 28, 2012
oh so goooood !! great snack for watching the Packer games and i also put some on flour burrito shells and toasted them for quick meals and snacks . Love this !
Aug 13, 2012
My family went crazy over this. I had to make it 2 nights in a row. It's a winner all the way. So tasty and flavorful. I used jalapeno peppers from a jar, I didn't have a fresh one to use. Thank you so much for a dynamite recipe. I will continue to make this a lot.....Yum, I'm already hungry for it.
Feb 1, 2012
This recipe Has always been a big hit when I make it. Everyone falls in love with it.