Shredded zucchini adds moistness to these tender muffins dotted with raisins and chopped walnuts. If you have a surplus of zucchini in summer as most of us do, this is a good way to use some of it. —Harriet Stichter, Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Zucchini Muffins in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p42
Reviews for Walnut Zucchini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review