I love to try new recipes fro my husband and myself, and also when we entertain friends and relatives. This stew is a little different from most because of the vermicelli.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown meat and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, tomatoes, vegetables, basil, salt and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in vermicelli. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Vermicelli Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p14
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vermicelli Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review