- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Chowder
Sort By :
"Just made this today in my crock pot! I omitted the mushrooms only because we don't like mushrooms, lol. But this soup is fantastic! I thickened it with a little corn starch, just perfect for a nice cold winter's day! I just had 2 bowls!! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Just made this yesterday. I did add couple other veggies, but the flavor is delicious!"
"I tried this recipe and it was delish. I'm always looking for easy and delicious recipes and this fit what I was looking for. Yummy!"
"you were pretty harsh with Betty Lavender Lady. all you had to do was inform her in a polite manner."