- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Chowder
Sort By :
Very hearty and delicious! Great for a meatless Mon. meal or with a grilled ham &cheese sandwich for a cold night warmer upper!
Good and easy to make.
I think this is a pretty good recipe! I sub the evaporated milk for regular milk because I found the original recipe way too sweet, but that's just my preference! Making this for the third time tonight and I think I'm going to throw in a few more veggies. Needs salt and pepper, too! Overall, a good recipe for cold evenings!
3 1/2 stars...This was good as a base recipe, but I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. I might make this again, but I think I'm going to add more corn, replace evapoated milk with regular, and maybe add more cheese.
Yes, this is great.