- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Chowder
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe and it was delish. I'm always looking for easy and delicious recipes and this fit what I was looking for. Yummy!"
"you were pretty harsh with Betty Lavender Lady. all you had to do was inform her in a polite manner."
"Delicious! Using real bacon bits adds a nice flavor."
"This was a really good chowder, especially the next day. The bacon bits didn't really add that much depth to the flavor for us, but maybe some chopped bacon would be better. As noted in a previous review, a little more corn and cheese would be good, but you really can't go wrong with the basic recipe. Thanks for a nice, hearty chowder recipe!"