Packed with potatoes, carrots and corn, this soup is a great healthy dinner choice. It's not too heavy, so it also makes a nice light partner for a sandwich. —Vicki Kerr, Portland, Maine
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Veggie Chowder in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p54
Reviews for Veggie Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review