- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Chowder
Sort By :
"Delicious! Using real bacon bits adds a nice flavor."
"This was a really good chowder, especially the next day. The bacon bits didn't really add that much depth to the flavor for us, but maybe some chopped bacon would be better. As noted in a previous review, a little more corn and cheese would be good, but you really can't go wrong with the basic recipe. Thanks for a nice, hearty chowder recipe!"
"Very hearty and delicious! Great for a meatless Mon. meal or with a grilled ham &cheese sandwich for a cold night warmer upper!"
"Good and easy to make."
"I think this is a pretty good recipe! I sub the evaporated milk for regular milk because I found the original recipe way too sweet, but that's just my preference! Making this for the third time tonight and I think I'm going to throw in a few more veggies. Needs salt and pepper, too! Overall, a good recipe for cold evenings!"