Vegetable Brown Rice Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 9 green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and basil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the carrots, onion, green onions and raisins in hot oil for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Add the peas and salt; cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pecans and rice; heat through. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Brown Rice
Sort By :
This is phenomenal! Everyone I serve this to comments on how great it is. Nice blend of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy. I make this often and will continue to do so. Can be made ahead and reheats just like fresh.
A+!!! the raisens and pecans make it different than what you'd normally find in fried rice blends. easy to make.
To me it was good, it wasn't great. I liked the fruit and nuts in the rice but nobody else in my family liked it, so I won't make this again.