- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 pounds apples (about 6 large apples), peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the orange juice, milk, eggs and vanilla until blended; fold in apples.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Vanilla & Cinnamon-Kissed Apple Latkes in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p38
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Vanilla & Cinnamon-Kissed Apple Latkes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2011
Yummy! Enjoyed these for breakfast.