This sassy, grown-up burger has a little bit of bite and a whole lot of flavor! Our taste panel couldn’t stop eating this knife-and-fork sandwich. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in butter until tender. Spoon onion mixture onto toast slices; top each with a burger, avocado slices and spreadable cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Unstuffed Jalapeno Popper Burgers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Unstuffed Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review