Unstuffed Jalapeno Popper Burgers Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in butter until tender. Spoon onion mixture onto toast slices; top each with a burger, avocado slices and spreadable cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Unstuffed Jalapeno Popper Burgers(1)
Sort By :
Fabulous! I boiled the peppers ahead of time because my husband doesn't like heat. He liked the it so much, he asked for the same thing the next night. Easy enough for every day, special enough for company!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >