- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple syrup
- Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture. Arrange slices into prepared dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the first eight topping ingredients. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Bacon-Maple French Toast
"This was a winner for sure. However I made many modifications to reduce the calories. I about fell out of the chair when it said a cup of butter for the topping. I did use fat free milk and half and half. I also used 6 oz of egg substitute and only 2 whole eggs. For more details on where I slashed calories check out my blog. http://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2015/02/01/maple-bacon-french-toast/"
"Why hasn't this had more reviews ????? This is award winning !!!!!"
"I made this for mothers day, and my family loved it! They asked me if I would make it again the following week. I woukd try it, its not to sweet. It gets an A+ from me."