- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple syrup
- Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk first 10 ingredients. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture. Arrange slices into prepared dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Bacon-Maple French Toast
Sort By :
"This was a winner for sure. However I made many modifications to reduce the calories. I about fell out of the chair when it said a cup of butter for the topping. I did use fat free milk and half and half. I also used 6 oz of egg substitute and only 2 whole eggs. For more details on where I slashed calories check out my blog. http://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2015/02/01/maple-bacon-french-toast/"
"Why hasn't this had more reviews ????? This is award winning !!!!!"
"I made this for mothers day, and my family loved it! They asked me if I would make it again the following week. I woukd try it, its not to sweet. It gets an A+ from me."