Between the creamy filling, crispy crust and gooey caramel sauce, there's a lot to love about this tart. Plus, you can make it two to three days in advance. One of my daughters even asks for this instead of cake on her birthday. —Leah Davis, Morrow, Ohio
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans and sugar in a food processor; pulse until pecans are finely ground. Add melted butter; pulse until combined. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour into cooled crust; cool slightly. Refrigerate until slightly set, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans over filling. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
- For sauce, in a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Slowly whisk in cream until blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Serve with tart. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turtle Tart with Caramel Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p176
Reviews for Turtle Tart with Caramel Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review