- 3/4 pound reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, rice, salt, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add tomatoes and shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Jambalaya
Sort By :
This is delicious. I increased the shrimp to 12oz and served it with the Dilly Corn on the same page and garlic bread.