I am a big fan of pasta, and this dish is one of my favorites. It's very colorful and flavorful.—Roxanne Lynnes, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers, onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Drain pasta; add to vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tricolor Pepper Pasta in Country Woman July/August 2002, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tricolor Pepper Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review