Tomato-Topped Chicken Recipe
Tomato slices and basil give garden-fresh flavor to this moist, tender chicken from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "I keep a resealable bag of individually frozen chicken breasts in my freezer, so it's easy to take out just two for this recipe," she notes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°, Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Topped Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Chicken(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >