Tomato Onion Salad Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced and separate into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Layer tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving dish. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Onion Salad(5)
Sort By :
I make a salad just like this, with the addition of a little monterey jack cheese. To turn it into a meal, add a can of good quality tuna or drained canned white beans, and crumble a slice or two of bacon over it. I never have leftovers, even when I double the recipe for that purpose! ;)
I love, love, love this tomato onion salad. I make it on a weekly basis in the summer. I can't get enough. I guess you can say I am addicted to it. Every time I take it to a get together someone asks me for the recipe. Thanks so much for this great salad.
This was excellent! You know your on to something when half way through the meal your husband runs to the kitchen to slice more tomatoes to add to the marinade. Will make again and again!! Thanks!
what do you eat with this?
This is a #1 recipe that I will prepare again and again. My aunt makes this recipe and my uncle will put the tomatoes and onions on his sandwiches.