"I worked as a summer cook at a Wyoming ranch for more than 20 years, and I made this marinated salad often," writes Nell Cruse of Ontario, Oregon. "It was obviously a favorite because there were never any leftovers."
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced and separate into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Layer tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving dish. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Onion Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p45
Reviews for Tomato Onion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review