My friend came up with this recipe. The thick and creamy cheese dip gets its zip from convenient canned green chilies. It's a snap to zap in the microwave.—Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas
Featured In: Game Day Potluck Recipes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Tortilla chips
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chilies, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thickened. Add cheeses and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Nacho Dip in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Nacho Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review