Tomato Green Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Green Bean Soup(4)
Sort By :
Very good and low Weight Watcher points.
Oops for got to rate this yummy soup. Left my review abrove. ;-)
Made this with my fresh garden veggies and added sauteed chicken breast. Yummy...very tasty! My family is going to like this.
Very tasty soup. Good seasoning. I added some uncooked spiral rotini, red pepper flakes and instead of fresh tomatoes I added a can of petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >