Crisp and loaded with goodies, these are my husband's favorite cookies. I used to bake them in large batches when our four sons still lived at home. Now I whip them up for our grandchildren. -Alice Kahnk, Kennard, Nebraska
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the oil, eggs and extract. Combine the flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Almond Sandies in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p39
Reviews for Toffee Almond Sandies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review