Toffee Almond Sandies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the oil, eggs and extract. Combine the flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Almond Sandies(4)
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe and have made it many times since it came out in 1998. It makes a big batch so I freeze some for later.
Over the years I've made some changes to make a lower fat pecan version. Here's what I did: substitue butter flavor shortening for butter (you may need to add a few drops of water to make the cookie dough easy to handle), substitute 1 cup of chopped pecans for the 2 cups of almonds. I've even skipped rolling the dough in sugar without my family missing the extra sugar.
I encourage everyone to give Toffee Almond Sandies a try, one of the best cookies I've ever tasted.
These cookies are wonderful. I also make them at Christmas. They are now a family favorite.
I make these every Christmas and everyone loves them!!
Oh my word! These are the best cookies of all time! They are light and crispy and buttery... everything good sandies are supposed to be. They are delicious and after making them once they became the family favorite cookie. Thank you Alice for sharing your wonderful recipe with the rest of us. You rock! :)