Thai Shrimp and Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine shrimp and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, cilantro, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onions in oils for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to vegetables; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and peanut butter mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp and Noodles
Sort By :
Very good! I halved the red pepper for my heat sensitive young ones but think next time the full 1/2 teaspoon would be perfect - for me anyway. Also, I used uncooked shrimp so threw them in with the carrots and onions. Tasty.
Absolutely love this recipe. Great taste...simple recipe.
Family and I all really enjoyed the favors in this. I did use mandarin ginger dressing for the shrimp marinade, added fresh garlic to the vegetable sauté and diidn't have sesame oils so I used 2 TBSP of sesame seeds. Great blend of flavours!
Delish! I added extra peanut butter,cilantro and peanuts plus a few squirts of italian Dressing!