Teriyaki Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds beef boneless chuck steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 French rolls, split
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pineapple rings
- Chopped green onions
- Cut steak into thin bite-size slices. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Add steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon; set aside. Carefully pour liquid into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to liquid to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- Pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add meat and heat through.
- Brush rolls with butter; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Fill with meat, pineapple and green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Teriyaki Sandwiches
Sort By :
I like to double this recipe and when the meat has cooked for the 7 hours I then shred the beef. Instead of the liquid in the meat since that soaks into the beef I drain the pineapple juice into the measuring cup and do not double this part of the recipe. If I need to add a little water I do, but 2 cans of pineapple have enough juice. Yummy!
I love this recipe and use it alot - mine has never dried out. I do use low sodium soy sauce since I found it salty the first time, but otherwise excellent and very easy.
I don't know if the liquid quantities were incorrect, but making this in the crockpot, I ended up with 2 pounds of dried up steak that was beyond rescuable.