Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs(55)
Sort By :
Very good, we especially liked the sauce.
I'm glad I found this recipe!! I was about to prepare a typical soy sauce based asian thigh recipe but was out of soy sauce. In a quick search I found this and had all the called for ingredients. The only addition my family made was some added Chinese hot sauce to their's to kick up the heat. Great dish.
Loved it. Made 1/3 in small crock and it worked great. Not sure where the complaint with salt was because it was definitely not salty.
My husband and I cut this down to only making a 1/3 of this recipe which worked out really nice for the two of us and fit in our 1.5 quart slow cooker. This recipe goes really well with fried whole grain brown rice.
My entire family loved this chicken!!! I served it with rice & steamed veggies.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >