- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and, if desired, rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Sort By :
Delicious and easy, need I say more?
Very good, we especially liked the sauce.
I'm glad I found this recipe!! I was about to prepare a typical soy sauce based asian thigh recipe but was out of soy sauce. In a quick search I found this and had all the called for ingredients. The only addition my family made was some added Chinese hot sauce to their's to kick up the heat. Great dish.
Loved it. Made 1/3 in small crock and it worked great. Not sure where the complaint with salt was because it was definitely not salty.
My husband and I cut this down to only making a 1/3 of this recipe which worked out really nice for the two of us and fit in our 1.5 quart slow cooker. This recipe goes really well with fried whole grain brown rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >