Tasty Lentil Tacos Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 taco shells
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Mash lentils slightly. Stir in salsa.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup lentil mixture into each taco shell. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tasty Lentil Tacos
Sort By :
OMG!!! These were so yummy. I could not eat enough of tacos. Great choice!
The taco mixture is delicious! I didn't have any salsa, so I used half a can of diced tomatoes and half a can of chopped green chilis in place of the salsa. I put mine over tortilla chips, like nachos. I made it again a few days later (to use the rest of the tomatoes and chopped green chilis)! I ate some like chili. This is a definite keeper recipe!
Totally loved this dish!
Loved this recipe. My kids even ate it. Used red lentils and it was even tastier than any meal, and healthy too. I also used 0% Fage yogurt in place of sour cream. YUM!