Tart Cranberry Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract; beat 2 minutes. Gradually stir in flour just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Cake(7)
Sort By :
I have been making this for YEARS & YEARS - for Thanksgiving, for football parties, for my kids' school events. It is always a hit! Sometimes I cut it in small pieces and put it in cupcake foils to make it easy to eat as a finger food rather than needing a fork.
Just a question, no baking powder?
Just made this tonight - thank you to the person who shared the recipe! Excellent on the 1st try. I added 1 tsp of Vanilla and 1 tsp orange peel. I found a 12 oz bag of cranberries is approx 2 1/2 cups.
I've made this recipe several times. It is always tasty. For a made from scratch cake it goes together quickly.
This recipe is so easy and so good that it is definately a keeper. The almond extract gives the cake a nice flavor and goes very nicely with the cranberries. Love it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >