Taco Twist Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Twist Soup
Sort By :
This was great! I didn't have green pepper so added a can of mushrooms--still was wonderful.
What a FANTASTIC soup! So much flavor! I changed a few things but am sure it would be fabulous as is. Used two cans of beans; one black and one tri - bean blend (pinto, black and red) used large onion and one whole large green pepper. Also added a half cup more pasta to the soup. It was better than chili and great for a meatless meal. SO filling!
Made this last night and my husband & I both really enjoyed it! Of course he would *really* enjoy it with some beef in it, but said it was great as-is! It's a keeper.
This is a family favorite. My daughters love tacos, but my one daughter thinks she wants to be a vegetarian so she loved that this was with black beans. I serve it with toritlla chips and canned tropical tropical fruit on the side.