- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spoon a third of the batter into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Swirl Cinnamon Bread
Sort By :
"It wouldn't let me do 0 stars so I had to give it a one star rating. I was so looking forward to making this. I was so disappointed with the outcome, as well as my family. It was very thick, moist but seemed tough and had an odd flavor. I followed the recipe. I love making foods from scratch, but unfortunately I prefer box mixes I have made over this. Sorry, never again for this recipe."
"Batter was very thick so I added about 1/3 cup of fat free half and half. It was somewhat easier to spread the batter, but I could not swirl it. Waiting to taste it now. Love all the ingredients....they are easy and I always have them on hand. It is sure to taste great!"
"I thought it turned out a little dry. The dough was very thick and sticky, not typical quick bread dough. Next time, I'll add more oil."
"I have made this twice in the last 2 weeks as my family just loves this bread. I made a couple of substitutions as well. I used reduced fat vanilla yogurt for the plain yogurt and cut back to 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. I also substituted baking Splenda for the sugar. Dough was thick both times I made it too but was able to spread it into 3 layers. Tried to swirl bread the first time but was a bit messy. So didn't bother the second time No one noticed :) I love homemade bread and this one is just delicious!!"
"Very moist and not overly sweet. The batter was more like a dough, but still easy enough to layer with cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. I will try adding finely chopped nuts next time. It's a keeper!"