Swirl Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spoon a third of the batter into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Swirl Cinnamon Bread(10)
Sort By :
I thought it turned out a little dry. The dough was very thick and sticky, not typical quick bread dough. Next time, I'll add more oil.
I have made this twice in the last 2 weeks as my family just loves this bread. I made a couple of substitutions as well. I used reduced fat vanilla yogurt for the plain yogurt and cut back to 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. I also substituted baking Splenda for the sugar. Dough was thick both times I made it too but was able to spread it into 3 layers. Tried to swirl bread the first time but was a bit messy. So didn't bother the second time No one noticed :) I love homemade bread and this one is just delicious!!
Very moist and not overly sweet. The batter was more like a dough, but still easy enough to layer with cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. I will try adding finely chopped nuts next time. It's a keeper!
Delicious! Will definitely make again.
Yes, the dough is very very thick. Was difficult to manage when layering it. I used whole wheat pastry dough instead of all purpose.
But the outcome was great! My family of 5 finished this the day I made it. No leftovers
Oh, and i only had strwberry banana yogurt on hand! Was nervous about that, but you couldnt even tell! Very tasty bread. Easy and simple ingredients.