- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 chicken drumsticks (about 5 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (A small amount of meat juices will form in the pan.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drummies
Sort By :
"We love these. I buy a large package of chicken thighs, take the skin off. Mix the ingredients (I use less salt) in a large plastic bag ; toss in 2 or 3 thighs at a time to coat them. Then package 4 or 5 thighs to a plastic bag with the sauce & freeze. When we want some for dinner, I usually thaw the thighs in the fridge, then cook/steam in a pot, w/lid, on top of the stove. Watch to see if they need more liquid & brown them a little near the end of cooking time. They're done in an hour or less. If I cook them frozen it takes longer.Of course you could leave the skins on/off & bake them too. My sister says using the oven is quicker."
"It is an extremely simple way to prepare a cheaper cut of chicken. The first time I made these, I did not allow time for 8 hours of refrigeration, and I baked them after one hour. They were okay, but they are much better if you prepare ahead of time."
"This is my family's favorite chicken recipe. We have it at least 3 times a month. I always use a large package of thighs and cut the spice ingredients in half."
"This is an amazingly easy and wonderful recipe!! Everyone always loves them and asks for the recipe!!"