Breaded Curry Chicken Drummies
These drumsticks are crispy with just the right amount of zing to get your mouth watering for more! They are super easy to make and baked rather than fried, so they saves on fat but not flavor! Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or assorted chicken parts can also be used instead of all drumsticks. —Lynn Kaufman, Mount Morris, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 chicken drumsticks (about 4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. In a microwave, melt butter with lemon juice. Brush drumsticks with butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on greased racks in two 15x10x1-in. pans.
- Bake until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 45-55 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 drumsticks: 380 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Drummies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.