- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in sour cream; heat through. (Do not boil.) Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Super Sausage Dip
Sort By :
"This was ok but lacking in flavor. Followed to the T and all we could taste was the sour cream, very overwhelming. I ended up doctoring it up for some flavor. I have made one similar with cream cheese, rotel and chilies and it is much better."
"This dip is ok, but the tomatoes and sour cream make a tanginess that's a little out of place. There was a recommendation to axe the sour cream and use all cream cheese; I'd probably try that before making the original recipe."
"Love this dip. I, too found it and tried it for Superbowl. Everyone loved it. Since then I've made it for Easter and also this weekend "just because." Everyone enjoys this dip. The receipe didn't specify, but I use hot italian sausage when I make it. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Made recipe as written for a Superbowl party. Everyone loved it and have had many requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing; have found a new go-to dip recipe!"
"Great recipe. It was ate up in a hurry. Will make this one again!"