Serve this delicious mix for breakfast with milk, or sprinkle it over yogurt. You can add chopped walnuts or pecans, but it will increase the calorie count. —Kelly Kirby, Westville, Nova Scotia
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2% milk or reduced-fat plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, raisins, apricots and cranberries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Super Low-Fat Granola Cereal in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p85
Reviews for Super Low-Fat Granola Cereal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review