- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2% milk or reduced-fat plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, raisins, apricots and cranberries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt. Yield: 9 cups.
Reviews for Super Low-Fat Granola Cereal
Sort By :
easy and you can change it up abit . i use cinnamon and vanilla or almond.
this is a very nice granola recepe. I will definately be making it again. I used almond flavor instead of maple.
Excellent. I just used the brown sugar and water because I didn't want to go to the store. Can only imagine how much better it will be with the fruits. I will also in the future put it it super low in my oven and let it dehydrate for several hours. I am too ADD to watch this and it can burn kind of quick.
I am always trying new healthy granola recipes and I always find myself coming back to this one. I have now marked it as my favorite recipe. I add chopped almonds and sunflower seeds to mine to add more protein. It's very good.
Love this stuff! My husband is on a low fat diet and this fit the bill. It's delicious! I'm working on reducing the sugar and using dried tart cherries, apricots and blueberries.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Granola Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >