- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, combine 4 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and 3/4 cup orange juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and remaining sugar in a bowl. Beat the eggs, milk and remaining orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sunrise Orange Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Sunrise Orange Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2010
This is now one of my favorite pancake recipes.