Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish Recipe
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Squash Medley in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p45
Reviews for Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2012
Wonderful side dish. I used egg substitute. Also used a piece of bacon instead of oil.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2008
We grow our own zucchini and squash and this recipe is our favorite. My husband requests it often in the summer months.