“I’m trying to cut my risk for cardiac disease by changing the way I eat,” explains Marlene Agnelly from her Ocean Springs, Mississippi home. Her colorful side dish is packed with as much nutrition as fresh-picked flavor!
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Squash Medley in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p45
Reviews for Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review