Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"My daughters made these today and they were AWESOME! A BIG hit in our house!"
"This is my favorite, go-to sugar cookie recipe. The cookies are soft and delicious. I like to glaze them with a simple confectioners sugar glaze - they don't need it because they are delicious as is - but it's nice to add the extra pop of color with the glaze. Great recipe!"
"One word: fabulous!"
"OH! So good, buttery & sweet."
"Extremely good and easy! The only thing I changed, was to use almond extract in place of the vanilla extract. Awesome!"