- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients and one can of the tomato sauce; mix well. Stir in tomatoes. Halve zucchini lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Fill with meat mixture; place in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over each.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese during the last few minutes of baking. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stuffed Zucchini
Sort By :
"I made this without the jalapeno but everything else was the same. Delicious!!!"
"My sister made these and they were a hit. I adapted them with garlic, mushrooms and fresh corn off the cob and used yellow zucchini and will definitely make these again!"
"This was a great fresh recipe....nice change for the zucchini!"
"Delicious recipe! Tried this for dinner tonight and it was very yum... didn't add the jalapenos, and added more salt. Forgot the cheese at the end but it was fine without it."