Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Stuffed Pepper Soup
Sort By :
"Great recipe, but I did make a couple changes. Substituted lg. carton of beef broth for one of the two quarts of water; added a cup of chopped onion; and substituted crushed tomatoes for the tomato sauce. Also, simmered it 60-70 min."
"Excellent recipe. I mixed red, yellow, and orange with the green pepper for color and a milder flavor. I also added an extra pound of ground beef and served it over fresh bowtie pasta (if desired, on the side) to add some substance and stretch the batch to all the enthusiastic consumers."
"This looks awesome and I love some of the reviews. I too thought about 1/2 C chopped onion and also changed to 1Qt water and 1Qt chicken stock. makes the juices a little richer. I love those like me that think to tweak a recipe to maybe make it a little better. YUM"
"My husband Sid this soup is the best he has ever had! I added a half cup of chopped onion when I browed the hamburger and I used Minute Rice, adding it about ten minutes before serving. Then I sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on to serve it."
"This soup is delicious. I belong to a soup club at work and it was my turn. I used two smaller cans of diced tomatoes, one with onion and the other with roasted garlic. Everyone loved it."