Stromboli Ring Recipe
A friend shared this recipe with me many years ago. It's so incredibly good, I guarantee it will disappear at your next party!Barrie Peagler, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, one egg and Italian seasoning.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage mixture over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Stromboli Ring in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p77
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stromboli Ring(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >