String Cheese Stuffed-Crust Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 ounces string cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, yeast, sugar and salt.
- In a saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to the dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan, letting dough drape over the edge. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise; place around edge of pan. Fold dough over string cheese; pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Combine pizza sauce and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning; spread half over crust. Sprinkle with beef mixture and mushrooms; cover with remaining pizza sauce mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for String Cheese Stuffed-Crust Pizza
Sort By :
"Made it again tonight and we left out the cheese in the crust and just rolled up the extra dough. TASTED JUST AS GOOD. My husband actually prefers it. We change up the toppings though: Fresh sliced tomato, chopped salami, diced onions,mozzarella cheese and spinach over a home made pizza sauce. It's so delicious!"
"i needed a pizza crust so I only made this crust and my husband and I LOVED it. It's fairly easy, and i used chunks of cheese instead of string cheese and it worked just fine. Will be making it again and rolling the crust out thicker. Mine was a little too thin."