- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour 2 cups filling over crust. In a large bowl, toss the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon until well coated; arrange over filling to within 1 in. of edges. Pour remaining filling over apple mixture. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over cheesecake. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Streusel-Topped Apple Cheesecake in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p36
Reviews for Streusel-Topped Apple Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2013
"Absolutely fabulous taste with a cup of black coffee"
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
"Soooo delicious and decadent. The apple flavor wasn't over the top, more of a fall note. Great cheesecake!"