"We do a lot of entertaining," relates Tammy Irvine of Whitby, Ontario. "I like to make this easy trifle when I want to impress people. Berries make it different from a traditional tiramisu."
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in whipped topping.
- Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers. Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers. Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p45
Reviews for Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review