To cut calories from a strawberry pie recipe, I lightened up the filling and served it in dessert dishes instead of a pie crust. With its pretty color and fruity flavor, it's and elegant dessert without much fuss. —Waydella Hart of Parsons, Kansas
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Return strawberry mixture to the food processor. Add pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Pie Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review