"We discovered Italian ice about a year ago, and it has become a family favorite," reports Jay Hansen of Winter Haven, Florida. "The recipes I found, however, required quite a bit of sugar, so I developed my own version using fresh strawberries, fruit juice concentrate and a hint of lemon."
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender, combine the apple juice concentrate, lemon juice and strawberries; cover and process until blended. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- Spoon into a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to dish; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Italian Ice in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p52
Reviews for Strawberry Italian Ice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review