Strawberry Italian Ice
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender, combine the apple juice concentrate, lemon juice and strawberries; cover and process until blended. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- Spoon into a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to dish; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 109 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Mar 22, 2015
i am always looking for great summer desserts. i loved this one it did not have a ton of added sugar . the idea of fresh strawberries is a wonderful way to get added fruits and veggies into your diet.
Jul 11, 2012
my family loved it. I loved that there was no sugar added.
Apr 21, 2010
Fabulous light dessert. Makes good popsicles, too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.