Cheesecake lovers will savor every bite of this light and pretty pie, even if they don't have to watch their diets. Our whole family enjoys it. —Kim Van Rheenen, Mendota, Illinois
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review