- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Steak Sandwich Kabobs
Sort By :
I have made this recipe a number of times and my husband and I love it. The only change I made is to brush the entire cube of focaccia bread with olive oil before putting it on the skewer (this prevents the bread from burning).
Easy to adjust to preferences, no veggies, no cheese, etc. I also added button mushrooms to the kabobs - good addition. A definite keeper.
Skipped the coleslaw and walnuts.