- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium carrots, grated
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (12 to 14 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place baguette slices on baking sheets; brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Place carrots and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add sugar; cook on medium heat until thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add desired amount of horseradish and mix well. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Cook and stir onions until caramelized, 10-12 minutes; cool. Stir in cheeses, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices.
- To serve, spread cheese mixture on each baguette slice. Add a piece of steak; top with carrot mixture. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Steak Crostini with Carrot-Horseradish Marmalade in Taste of Home November 2016, p88
Reviews for Steak Crostini with Carrot-Horseradish Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review