This homey recipe of steak and egg noodles in a creamy sauce is just like what we had at my gran's house when we'd visit. It's one of my favorite "memory meals," as I call them. —Janelle Shank, Omaha, NE
Featured In: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 2x1/2-in. strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with oil, salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute half of the beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth, dill and beef; heat through. Reduce heat to medium; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak and Mushroom Stroganoff in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017