Squash Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add squash and onion. Reduce heat; cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, stuffing and the contents of seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper. Fold in squash mixture.
- Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Squash Stuffing Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I made this for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. It is a little spicy for kids, but you can change the amount of chilies that you put into the dish. Will be making this for all my family gatherings from now on.
Lots and lots of flavor. Was too spicy for my kids but husband loved it. May try with only 1/2 a can of peppers next time.
I used Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing, so I didn't have a flavor packet to add. It was fine without it and my family liked it.
Some stuffing mixes come with a seasoning packet - Zatarain's Cornbread Stuffing Mix is one of them.
contents of seasoning pack. What seasonings?
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Stuffing Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >