- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard and seasonings to drippings; heat through, stirring to blend. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Stir in half of the bacon.
- Place spinach, onion and eggs in a large bowl; toss with warm dressing. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review